Monday, August 14, 2017

The Fruits of My Labor

Dear Mom,

Sibella Cardigan


Lavender soap in a wool soap sock.
This will be a hostess gift. 

I spent a hot, sweaty afternoon canning tomatoes.
This is the first 6 pints. 

I spent that same sweaty afternoon making Ina Garten's
Roasted Tomato Basil soup, with fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden.
We'll have a taste of summer's bounty this winter!
These yellow pear tomatoes are my favorites!

Zinnias!




I am collecting a freezing these yummy blackberries for a future dessert.
This is Market Jacket. I used Bartlett yarn - Coral Heather, and finished knitting this in about 2 weeks.

Washed, blocked and waiting for buttons.
Love,
Kim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that soap sock!!! Never seen anything like that before. And I LOVE that green in that earlier photo!!! Cindy L

LannieK said...

Oh my goodness, girl ~ You've been buZy! And it looks YUM, yummy and your knitting beautiful! I am still waiting for red tomatoes. It's been a very rainy since mid-late July, not that I'd ever complain about rain here in the forest... I best get to work!

thecrazysheeplady said...

A Market Jacket :-D. We are enjoying the yellow pear tomatoes here too.